TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is a condition of this booking that you agree to these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. Visit www.safetravel.govt.nz for any travel advisories.
For visa information please visit : http://www.mfat.govt.nz/Embassies/2-Foreign-representatives-to- NZ/Diplomatic-and-Consular-List.php.
For up-to-date flight information, technical stops, luggage, e-ticket numbers etc visit www.checkmytrip.com (not low cost carriers).
ESTA USA visa application https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta (mandatory).
Booking Fees and charges. All prices displayed on our website are in New Zealand Dollars and include government charges GST and taxes. Please note that, service provider and/or taxes and fees may still apply.
Credit Card Usage. By selecting Credit Card as a means of payment you confirm your agreement to the following conditions. If you make any payment by Credit Card a third party supplier fee will apply. If for any reason any travel service provider, including airlines, does not provide the services and/or flights, which you have booked and paid for, including but not limited to the grounding or insolvency of the Airline or travel provider, the liability is against that provider, and not against BYOjet. If payment for the service was made to BYOjet by credit card, by accepting these booking conditions, you agree that you will not seek to charge back your credit card payment. In the event you do charge back to your credit card for any reason whatsoever where we had to pay an Airline or travel provider on your behalf including but not limited to any double or duplicate booking made by you where we have suffered a loss as a result of this chargeback. We reserve the right to recover this debt from you by handing this over to a debt collection agency and/or lawyer for collection. You may also be liable for any legal or collection cost. You agree to us obtaining and/or providing your credit information to/from any credit reporting agency. Please look carefully to check if the price is quoted in New Zealand dollars (NZD). Most hotels and tours and services may be quoted in the local currency. If you are in doubt or uncertain please enquire before booking. If the price is quoted in a currency other than NZD your credit card may be charged in that currency and will be converted to NZD at the prevailing rate by your bank that may also charge a conversion fee (usually between 1% and 3%), or may be converted by us using the prevailing selling rate on that day. For your convenience some international low-cost carrier’s prices have been converted to NZD. The amount charged to your card may vary due to currency fluctuations at the time the ticket is issued. All fares quoted and charged to you are based on fares provided to us at the time of quote or ticketing. In the event that the airline should impose a higher fare that was paid either before or after actual travel or any other reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, no show, you agree and authorize us to charge your credit card with the additional amount charged to us by the airline or provider, and not to dispute this charge with your bank. You understand that we act solely as agent for you with the airline and are not the travel provider. Any dispute you may have is between you and the airline, we will assist you with any such dispute to the best of our ability by providing all documentation relating to this booking we may have.
Fees. We charge a booking fee on domestic low cost carriers. Most flights that originate outside Australia or New Zealand (including international stopovers) incur a $25.00 booking fee. A ticketing fee may also apply to certain airlines or routes. This will be displayed in the total fare on the payment page. Many low cost carriers or domestic airlines charge a convenience and/or admin fee, these are fees that the airlines charge. At all times any fees that are applicable will be displayed in the total booking.
Changes. (NZD) In the exceptional case that a change is approved fees may apply at a minimum of $140.00 fee per ticket. We are required to follow airline policy which is beyond our control. You should ask us if we can help in any particular case; as we will support appropriate cases with the Airline, but cannot guarantee any success. All changes including but not limited to: Flight, Date, Itinerary, Passenger name change will incur a minimum $70.00 fee per ticket, plus any airline fees or fare difference. All changes should be requested online using the "Change My Booking" option on the main page of our website at byojet.co.nz or contact us as soon as reasonably possible after you realize something is wrong. No change or charge will be made to you until you confirm the change by replying to our e-mail.
Cancellations. (NZD) To deliver the best possible prices, all fares should be considered not refundable or unchangeable and may incur a 100% cancellation fee. We are required to follow airline policy and is beyond our control. You should ask us if we can help in any particular case; as we will support appropriate cases with the Airline, but cannot guarantee any success. All cancellations will incur a minimum $250.00 fee per ticket, plus any airline fees. All cancellations should be requested online using the "Cancel My Booking" option on the main page of our website at byojet.co.nz or contact us as soon as reasonably possible.
Refunds. If a refund is requested, BYOjet will apply to the airline for this refund on your behalf. The airline will in most cases impose fees in addition to our fees, any BYOjet charges including any credit card processing fees and commissions we receive are never refundable. The amount of refund to you will be the actual net amount we receive from the airline less our fees as described above. Any estimate we may give you as to the actual amount of refund you will get and how long it will take is our best assessment and not guaranteed until the actual refund is received by us from the airline.
Agent Only. We act as agents only and are not the service provider. As such all refunds made to you are based on us receiving this refund from the Airline, Hotel, Tour Operator or any other provider. In the event we advance you a refund that is later not allowed by the Airline or supplier and we are charged by that Airline or supplier for this booking, you will be responsible to repay us the amount that the provider has charged back to us. In this instance we will charge the same credit card that the refund was credited to for the actual amount that the provider has charged us. In the event that the refund was paid to you by cash, cheque or bank transfer you will be responsible to repay us this amount on request by us. By you requesting the refund you acknowledge that you are aware of these terms and conditions and agree that any dispute regarding the non-refund and/or charge back is between you and the airline or provider and not with us. You also acknowledge that BYOjet acts solely as agent on your behalf with the airline or supplier. You also agree that you will not instruct your bank to charge back any such charge as described above.
Charges for ‘No Show’. Some airlines are now charging a ‘no show’ fee, if you do not turn up on time for the departure of your flight. If we receive a no show charge from the airline we will pass this charge on to you and you agree to be responsible for payment. To avoid no show charges, please cancel any flights you cannot or do not intend boarding, even if there is no refund. You can cancel with the airline directly online or by phone.
Fares. The booking and price is not guaranteed until payment has been received and the flights ticketed. In the event a displayed fare is not available at the time of your booking and payment, an agent will contact you with any available fares or dates; you will have the option to cancel and get a full refund or pay any additional fare if applicable. Airlines sometimes display fares that are no longer available. If the fare selected is not available or sold out you will be contacted with available fares or alternate dates to complete the booking. Prices are subject to availability, may change without notice and are not guaranteed until paid in full, ticketed and documents issued. Prices are quoted in New Zealand Dollars.
Tickets. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/photo identity holder. Some carriers will deny carriage if the name varies and the booking may be cancelled. It is your responsibility to check that the names before submitting your application for tickets and upon receipt of the e-tickets we provide you with to ensure all are correct. We are not responsible to correct or remedy errors made by you in any way. However, we will support your application to the airline to do so, provided you help us as follows (but there is no guarantee that this will be at no costs to you). In the event of a name that does not exactly match the passengers Passport, you must notify us immediately you discover this. The earlier you do so, the more chance there may be of avoiding a complete loss. Any delay beyond the first hour of booking to correct the error may mean a loss or fare and you will likely be denied boarding and be liable for the cost of a new ticket, even if the error was not your fault. In some cases the airline may impose a fee, charge or re-issue a new ticket for all name changes. You will be responsible for this cost if the error is a result of any of the following actions: a) You supplied incorrect name information; b) You received a copy of the booking prior to ticketing and did not notice or were unaware of the incorrect information; c) You did not check the e-ticket or itinerary or vouchers supplied to you by e-mail or mail, and only noticed this at the time; and d) Any other reason that was not a direct error by BYOjet. In the event of an error by an employee of BYOjet this must be reported within 24 hours of you receiving the confirmation, itinerary or e-tickets, or immediately in the case where travel is within the next 48 hours, and the passenger can demonstrate that the correct details were supplied and the error was made by BYOjet to our satisfaction, then and only then will our responsibility be limited to paying the cost imposed by the airline involved to effect the name change on the ticket. We will not at any time be responsible for any associated or incidental costs, including but not limited to missed flights, hotels, ground transport, loss of deposits or delays. For paper tickets issued so that upon check-in at the airport all you need is to present government-issued photo identification: for domestic flights you will need a New Zealand driver’s license, for international flights you will need a passport. Children between 2 and 11 can use government issued identification with their name on it for Domestic flights but must have a Passport for International flights. Airlines sometimes reject confirmed reservations up to two days after the booking was made and confirmed by the airline. This does not happen often, in the unlikely event that you’re booking is rejected by the airline, we will do our best to find a viable alternative for you and contact you with all available options. If you are not happy with any alternatives proposed, we will immediately refund your credit card in full. We cannot be held liable for any increase in fare or any other loss whatsoever. Our maximum liability is the actual amount paid by you to us.
Schedule Changes. Airlines often change schedules and your flight departure time could change at any time. It is your responsibility to check for any schedule changes at least 24 hours before your flight departure time. This can be done for most international and major airlines by visiting www.checkmytrip.com and entering your reference number and surname. If you are unable to verify your schedule, please call or visit the airlines website directly. BYOjet will not be responsible for any missed flights due to schedule changes.
Missed Flights. We will not be responsible for any loss as a result of a missed flight, arriving at the incorrect airport or terminal, or denied boarding for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, arriving late, not having the required visas or under the influence of alcohol. It is your responsibility to be at the airport by check-in time and to have the correct visas required.
Code share flights. A 4 digit flight number is usually a code share flight. It is common practice for airlines to codeshare, i.e. where a different carrier than the carrier who issued the ticket operates a flight. It is your responsibility to check and arrive at the correct terminal in time. If in doubt or unsure please contact us or check online at www.checkmytrip.com.
Check In. Airlines have different check-in times. You must be at the check-in counter at the check-in time provided by the airline or service provider.
Terminals. Please note terminal information of the itinerary may change at any time. Please check your current live itinerary at www.checkmytrip.com or calling the airline to verify the terminals. Please allow enough time to change terminals.
Agreements. You acknowledge that the information, prices, seating, times etc. on our website or quoted to you are supplied to us by third parties including but not limited to airlines, hotels, tour operators etc. In the event of an error either by the third party, a member of our company or a software or data capture error, we reserve the right, in consultation with you, to make any changes required. Additional fees may become payable by you and your itinerary may need to be amended to comply with rules and/or availability of seats. Airlines and other third party travel providers impose different terms and conditions on the sale of specific travel products featured on this site.
Consent. You grant us an ongoing consent to use your information to promote and market our products and services and make other offers to you (including making telemarketing calls to you and sending you electronic messages including via email and SMS). You acknowledge that this consent continues indefinitely until such time as you advise us to cancel this consent, either by e-mail to [email protected] or in writing to BYOjet, Shop 6, 363 Colombo Street, Sydenham, Christchurch 8023.
Luggage Allowance. Many airlines do not offer a free luggage allowance and charge for each bag checked. If you are traveling on a low cost carrier, or any American domestic flight, these flights usually charge extra for luggage. Please check the airline website, as we may not have up-to-date information on all airlines. In most cases it is cheaper to pre-pay for luggage on these carriers than to pay at the airport. Please check your booking conformation to see what the luggage allowance is. If no luggage information is provided please check the airline website. Carry-on bag allowance varies from airline to airline. Please check this prior to travel. If unsure please visit the airline website. In the case of domestic carriers abroad please visit the airline website. If you are unsure please contact BYOjet and we will be happy to assist you.
Airline Schedule Changes. Sometimes airlines may cancel, or change the flight you are on, or flights may be delayed or schedules changed. It is your responsibility to check for any schedule changes directly with the airline or service provider prior to travel. These are initiated by the airlines or service providers and are not under our control. Responsibility for this rests with you and the airline that in the case of some delays, itinerary changes and cancellations may or may not compensate you. BYOjet accepts no responsibility for any loss or compensation in regard to any delay, cancellation schedule or itinerary change, incorrect information or any other reason whatsoever that is related to a third party supplier, airline or tour operator. If you are unhappy with the change the airline or travel provider has made please contact the relevant company directly.
HOTEL AND CAR RENTAL BOOKING
BYOjet act as agent only and are not the service provider. While we take every care to ensure your booking and site accuracy, we cannot be responsible for any non-delivery or inaccuracy in the information on our site, for any reason whatsoever. Including but not limited to, incorrect room or car description or availability, no room or they cannot find your reservation, or any additional taxes or fees imposed. Some hotels are now charging a resort fee, particularly in Las Vegas. This fee is not included in the quoted rate.
Changes. For all changes to your booking please contact Customer Care.
Cancellations. At the time of making the booking we will display the cancelation policy. Some hotel bookings are pre-paid and not refundable while some are fully cancelable with no penalty. If no cancelation policy is displayed you are to assume a 100% cancelation fee applies.
Hotel Booking. Upon payment the price is usually guaranteed in the local currency of the hotel location. This has usually been converted to New Zealand dollars (NZD) at the current rate of exchange. There may be cases where the price has not been converted to NZD and you are charged in the local currency. This will then be converted to NZD by your bank at their exchange rate. The price in New Zealand dollars may vary as a result of currency exchange fluctuations and as such can only be used as a guide. For hotels located outside of New Zealand, prices displayed may not include all applicable local taxes in which case these will be advised at time of check out
Car Rental. If your car rental is prepaid or not you will always require a credit card for the security bond. Cash is not usually accepted. The amount of the bond can vary company to company. You are advised to check this with the rental company directly. You will also need to produce a valid driver license. If you are under 25 there may be a surcharge, please indicate this when booking or read the terms and conditions displayed at time of booking. A New Zealand driver’s license is valid in most countries.
Liability. We will not be liable for any losses, damages, liability, or expenses for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to negligence, direct, indirect or consequential arising from the use of or connected with BYOjet.co.nz. No warranty or representations are given as to the correctness of information provided by the property. Where our liability cannot be excluded, to the extent permitted by law such liability is limited to either: (i) for breach of implied terms, at our option, to resupply the service or the cost of resupplying the service; or (ii) otherwise, to the value of the booking made. We offer accommodation and car rental based on the information available to us and/or provided by the supplier. We do not oversell.
ANCILLARIES / EXTRAS
Cancel for Any Reason:
- "Cancel for any reason guarantee" is taken out at the time of booking.
- Cancellation must take place at least 48 hours before the first outbound journey is due to begin. No refund will be given if you cancel later than this.
- The maximum cancellation guarantee protection is $3,000 AUD per person and/or $4,600 AUD per trip (whichever is reached first)
- A reason for cancelling is not required, we do not require any justification or documentation
- An 80% refund of flights only including all our and airline cancellation fees (all non-refundable extras will remain non-refundable), we do not refund the fee for the Cancel for any reason guarantee.
- “Cancel for any reason guarantee” purchased prior to 11 March 2020 will receive a full refund of flights only including all our and airline cancellation fees (all non-refundable extras will remain non-refundable), we do not refund the fee for the Cancel for any reason guarantee.
- The refund will be credited to the Credit Card used for the travel booking purchase within 5-7 days of the refund request
- You cannot cancel a partially flown or missed flight
- Nothing in this guarantee affects your rights under Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation regarding statutory guarantees to the extent those rights cannot be excluded.
- Normal booking conditions (Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd trading as Aunt Betty) and conditions of carriage (as per the applicable airline) apply in conjunction with these “Cancel for any reason guarantee” terms and conditions.
- In circumstances where we believe that a request for a refund does not fall within the scope of this guarantee, is fraudulent, misleading or deceptive, incorrect or is otherwise invalid, we may, in our absolute discretion, refuse a refund request. Please note any fraudulent refund requests will be immediately referred to the relevant authorities.
- Cancel for any reason is not an Insurance product nor does this provide insurance coverage. For Travel Insurance related coverage, kindly consider a comprehensive insurance policy.
Flexible travel dates:
- Allows the customer to request a time and/or date change for the flight booking without additional amendment fees
- Customer must pay the fare difference plus applicable taxes of the original trip and the new trip if the new trip cost is higher (merchant fees apply)
- If the trip difference is lower due to the change, the customer is not eligible for a refund of that amount
- This is a service provided by Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd trading as Aunt Betty and is not redeemed with the airline
- Changes must be made by calling customer support
- Changes can be made up to 48 hours prior to the flight
- Changes can only be made subject to availability and ticket conditions (eg maximum stay/permitted routing)
- If changes result in specially priced seats not being available the customer is liable for the fees (e.g. for a small child having to be booked an adult seat)
- Changing segment/s that cannot be changed without changing other segment/s required all segments that need to be changed
- Changing any of the following components of the flight is prohibited:
- Flexible Travel Dates tickets does not allow name changes or corrections
- Can only be used once
- Date changes must comply with the airline’s original ticket validity or with 12 months of the original booking date, whichever comes first
- Must be taken out and paid for at the time of booking the trip
- Changes are applied to flights only
- Changes may affect additional services offered by Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd trading as Aunt Betty or the airline
- Flexible Travel Dates products are not refundable and non-transferable
- Flexible Travel Dates does not cover the cancellation of flights, if you wish to cancel your flight, the full cancellation conditions for that airfare will apply unless you have purchased a “Cancel for any reason guarantee” product.
- Flexible Travel Dates cannot be used to make time/date changes to a flight you have missed. Missing your flight may also affect your remaining flight segments of your journey, possibly resulting in a new ticket purchase being required.
- "Priority Support" is taken out at the time of booking.
- To access standard support please visit our contact us page
- “Express refund credit” entitles the customer to cancel their booking and receive a credit they can use immediately to re-book on the website. Standard Aunt Betty refund fees and airline refund fees may apply. Airlines may subject tickets to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date-changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. Aunt Betty credit will be transferred to the customer within 5 business days. If the customer elects to continue with a cash refund, standard cash refund processing periods may apply.
- “Express cash refund” entitles the customer to cancel their booking receive a cash refund within 7 business days. Standard Aunt Betty refund fees and airline refund fees may apply.
- “No change administration fee” means standard Aunt Betty change administration fees are waived. Airline change fees may apply. Airlines may subject tickets to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date-changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. BYOjet credit will be transferred to the customer within 5 business days. If the customer elects to continue with a cash refund, standard cash refund processing periods may apply.
- “Saving off your next trip” entitles a customer to the saving amount as a gift voucher to be used on the next trip. The customers next trip must depart after the first trip has departed and can not be used in conjunction with any other voucher, offer or promotion. The gift voucher will be provided within 2 working days of completing your booking. The gift voucher will be provided within two (2) working days of completing your booking.
- Please see below for terms and conditions of COVID Protection.
- "COVID Protection" is taken out at the time of booking.
- COVID Protection allows for one (1) travel date change without fees in the event that a Government imposed border restriction is applied that makes it not possible to travel to or depart from your origin or destination.
- COVID Protection entitles the customer to change their travel dates only. Changes to traveller’s names, departure airport, destination airport and airlines are prohibited and may incur fees to change.
- The customer must pay the fare difference plus applicable taxes of the original trip and the new trip if the new trip cost is higher (merchant fees apply)
- If the trip difference is lower due to the change, the customer is not eligible for a refund of that amount
- This is a service provided by Jetescape Pty Ltd trading as BYOjet and is not redeemed with the airline
The following ancillary/extras are non-refundable and non-transferable:
- Travel Money Oz Currency Pass
- Price Drop Protection
- BlueRibbon Bags
- Additional baggage
- Seat selection
- Priority support
- COVID Protection
All matters relating to complying with the laws and regulations of all immigration authorities are solely your responsibility. We recommend before travelling you check the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website for any applicable travel advisories relevant to your booking. Their website is located at: www.safetravel.govt.nz. Please note that government legislation prohibits the carriage of dangerous goods on aircraft. To view what these are and what is permissible to carry please go to: https://www.caa.govt.nz/rules/Part_092_Brief.htm.
Travel insurance is highly recommended and is designed to protect you if your travels are disrupted by unforeseen circumstances such as an accident in a rental car, medical emergencies, lost luggage, personal liability and cancellation of travel arrangements. Visit the insurance section on our website to find out more or purchase travel insurance if you have not already done so as part of your booking.
Passport. A reminder if you are travelling overseas it is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid passport and visa where required. To assist you, both in determining whether you require a visa and the processing of your application online, please go to: http://www.mfat.govt.nz/Embassies/2-Foreign- representatives-to-NZ/Diplomatic-and-Consular-List.php.
If you are travelling overseas, some countries will not allow you to enter without proof of a return or onward electronic or paper ticket. Airline check-in staff at your point of origin may deny boarding you. If you proceed to book a one-way ticket please ensure you have checked with the Consulate of the country you are traveling to in order to ensure that you comply with their laws and regulations.
NOTICE: Travelers to/via the USA. It is now a requirement by the Department of Homeland Security for all passengers travelling to the USA effective 12 January 2009 to apply for a Travel Authorization Number at least three days prior to scheduled departure from New Zealand. This approval number will be valid for two years from date of application and passengers will be denied boarding in New Zealand if they do not have this approval document. Apply for an authorization to travel to the United States if: You are a citizen or eligible national of a Visa Waiver Program country e.g. New Zealand. You are currently not in possession of a visitor's visa. Your travel is for 90 days or less. You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure. For more details, and to apply online, please visit https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta. BYOjet will not be held liable for any costs or cancellation penalties or inconvenience where travelers do not have a travel authorisation and are not permitted to travel.
Jurisdiction. By accepting these conditions, you agree to be bound by and submit to the jurisdiction of New Zealand Law Courts, Tribunals and Alternate Dispute resolution Forum and the laws of those applicable.
Privacy Notice. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires you to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender for the purpose of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 and 49 C.F.R parts 1540 and 1560. You may also provide your Redress Number if available. Failure to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender may result in denial of transport or denial of authority to enter the boarding area. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA privacy policies, or to review the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please see the TSA Web site at http://www.tsa.gov.
Ticket Delivery Information. BYOjet operates as a ticketless travel agency. All you need to do is present photo ID and the attached itinerary. It's that easy!
Liability. BYOjet does not accept any liability for: a) Omissions of default of any third party providers; b) Damage, injury, delay, additional costs or inconvenience caused by any event or Act of God that is not under our direct control; c) The cancellation of any tour, flight or other services; d) Bankruptcy, insolvency or administration of any kind preventing travel including, but not limited to, any airline or tour operator or any third company providers; e) Any reason any travel service provider, including airlines, do not provide the services to which you have been contracted. The liability is against that provider. If payment for such a service was made to us by credit card, by accepting these booking conditions, you agree that you will not seek to charge back your credit card payment. f) Airline schedule change g) Passenger denied boarding due to not having the correct visas for any reason whatsoever including technical stops. h) Any missed flights whether due to schedule change, not arriving at the correct check-in counter on time or missed connections. BYOjet disclaims and will be exempt from any liability under the law of contract, tort or by virtue of statutory enactment in relation to any loss to; personal injury, death or illness of: damage or theft of personal property of any sort of; expense of inconvenience caused through delay to; disappointed expectation of; or accident befalling; the traveler or any dependents, arising out of any negligent act or omission, breach of any duty imposed by statute, breach of any law of the place of destination or on route to or from the destination, tort (whether intentional or unintentional), or breach of a contractual term, whether expressed or implied or breach of duty arising under or imposed by any law on the part of BYOjet, its servants or agents or of any sub-contractor or supplier of any product or service on the website.
Maximum Liability. Notwithstanding any other of the terms and conditions listed, the maximum liability of any claim against BYOjet can never exceed the actual fare paid to BYOjet.
These terms were last updated on the 27th May 2021.